Posted in Helpful Insight, Technology Posted in February 19, 2013
First Facebook, now Apple has announced this morning that their computer systems have been hacked. Just this week, Google flagged our own site saying that it too may be compromised or infected with malware. (The issue has been resolved.) If you have received a notification that your site is possibly infected…or if you are just concerned about its security, here are some tips:
- Run a scan of your site using Sucuri SiteCheck (free)
- Install a security plugin on your WordPress site such as the one that comes with a Sucuri account or BulletProof Security
- Consider establishing an account with Sucuri to have any malware removed ($90/year)
- Use strong, unique passwords that do not include common words, but do include numbers, capitals and special characters.
- If your site is labeled by Google with the “This site may be compromised” flag, follow the instruction in the article: How to Remove This Site May be Compromised Warning from wpsite.net.
Posted in Articles, Featured, Inbound Marketing, Technology Posted in November 6, 2012
A high bounce rate is an indication that your site’s content does not match what is expected from the visitor. Following are our recommendations from a strategic, design and backend/technical perspective for reducing your bounce rate.
- Make data-informed decisions
- A/B test designs, CTAs, forms, headlines…everything
- Compare better performing pages to underperformer using heat maps CrazyEgg is an excellent tool.
- Profile and segment on geography, language, browser, operating system, traffic source
- Compare keyword bounce performance and maintain keyword focus on each page
- Ensure headlines accurately represent the actual content
- Consider points of entry and perspective of landing as first page
- Link to the most appropriate page rather than home page
- Provide internal links to related content
- Address the user’s REAL need
- Incorporate video of people within the organization to allow visitors the opportunity to “get to know” us
- Make sure the message is immediately obvious
- Don’t overwhelm with content
- Communicate who we are and what we do in 3 to 5 seconds
- Ensure proper color contrast for readability
- Design clean, accessible, intuitive navigation
- Eliminate distractions such as animation, fly-outs, surveys,
- Do not use auto-play video with audio
- Incorporate a search function and analyze searches for insight
- Avoid Flash
- Do not use “welcome/splash screens”
- Don’t get TOO hung up about staying above the fold.
- Improve loading times
- Lazy-load (AJAX) third-party content
- Use responsive screen design for desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Open all external links in a new window
- Check various browser performance
Posted in Helpful Insight, Technology Posted in July 6, 2012
WARNING: There are 70,000 computers in the U.S. that are infected with a virus that will deny access to the Internet MONDAY July 9 if not corrected this weekend. The FBI has a site to check if your computer has been infected. Click the link. If the screen is green, you’re good. If it’s red, follow the instructions immediately!
Posted in Client Announcements, Mobile, Technology Posted in July 3, 2012
Our client, Ernest Sports, has launched their Android App in addition to the existing iOS app already available. Look for more great things to come!
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):