- Who is your customer?
- What does your customer want?
- What questions do your customers ask about your product/service?
- When you read your blog/website/inbound campaign copy as a customer, what draws you in?
- What keywords do your competitors use and which ones are most successful for them?
After asking yourself these questions…use the following tools to develop your initial set of keywords. Track the performance of each keyword and adjust and tweak over time to improve.
- Google Adword Keywords Tool
- Keyword Spy
- Google Wonder Wheel…was a great tool, but was problematic for Google to manage and therefore has been discontinued as a service. Google says it is working on a new solution. I will update this post when it is released.
Trend/Buzz Determination Tools:
Organic and paid search typically represents the fourth and fifth most effective methods of generating website traffic. Now…go forward, be optimized, drive traffic to your site and convert those leads into customers!